It is remarkable to think how far recovery colleges have progressed in a little over 10 years both in UK and internationally. The concept of recovery education has been embraced and the number of recovery colleges or recovery courses accessible across communities continues to grow.
At our international annual conference 2018 dedicated to celebrating the achievements of recovery colleges, we heard from many colleges about how they would like to come together on a regular basis to exchange learning, share ideas, develop our thinking further and hear about the latest research and evidence on recovery colleges. In response to this request, Rachel Perkins and Sue Williams from the ImROC team facilitated a Recovery College Learning Set in 2019/2020. The second year of the Action Learning Set is now underway, where colleges continue to meet, share ideas and learning as well as network through a facilitated, virtual, learning network. The latest session explored the lessons learned through operating during Covid-19 where many classes were delivered online.
ImROC’s background is firmly routed to facilitating action learning and supporting organisations and communities to establish, maintain and continuously improve their recovery colleges. More recently, due to Covid-19, our work continues but through virtual sessions to do all we can to ensure the safety of the people we work with and our team.
The Action Learning Set is cofacilitated by Rachel Perkins and Sue Williams, as you may know Rachel set up the first Recovery College in England and was also the co-author of Recovery Colleges 10 Years On.
Recovery College Action Learning Set membership
As a member of the Recovery College Action Learning Set you will have access to:
- x 3 action learning set days per year where recovery colleges will come together in a virtual meeting space to share learning, explore challenges and solutions, work collaboratively to drive forward our thinking nationally and internationally on recovery colleges
- x 4 delegates places at each of the 3 learning set days per year
- design and shape the focus of the learning sets with other recovery college members
- network with other recovery colleges at the virtual learning days and establish links to connect between action learning days
- participate in an international network to promote positive practice and champion the impact of recovery colleges
The annual cost of membership is £1,500 (plus VAT if applicable).
How to Join
Recovery Colleges are warmly invited to join the ImROC Recovery College Action Learning Set . To register your interest or to join the network please contact email@example.com